How do I get my W2 from a company that went bankrupt and no longer exists?

I do not have any contact information for the former owner of the Company I used to work for. The company itself went bankrupt and no longer exists. I NEED a copy of my W2 so my husband and I can get our taxes in order and filed ASAP! Thanks!

Related Blogs

 Mail this post

Technorati Tags: ,

Digg This
Reddit This
Stumble Now!
Buzz This
Vote on DZone
Share on Facebook
Bookmark this on Delicious
Kick It on
Shout it
Share on LinkedIn
Bookmark this on Technorati
Post on Twitter
Google Buzz (aka. Google Reader)

One thought on “How do I get my W2 from a company that went bankrupt and no longer exists?”

  1. The owner of the defunct business is still personally responsible for sending out the W-2s and any other tax compliance issues. They are not due in the mail until Feb 1st and are not considered late until Feb 15th.

    If you don’t receive your W-2 by Feb 15th, call the IRS and file a missing W-2 complaint. They will assist you in securing the W-2 or will authorize you to use an alternate method of reporting your income & withholdings.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses KeywordLuv. Enter YourName@YourKeywords in the Name field to take advantage.